Monday, June 22, 2015

June 20 Reflection: Guard your heart

In the middle of the night I was awaken suddenly for no reason... Then my heart felt clouded with the feeling of disgust in myself. The feeling of uncertainty, of negativity, of shame... My heart suddenly felt so dark, so depressed and all the other negative feelings just came over me... and when I was lured into the spiraling, hypnotic loop of worthlessness, the Holy Spirit whispered to me with an intense and alert voice "GUARD YOUR HEART!" and I quickly said "Yes, Lord!" and I started praying. I was alerted in a manner that takes you from being hypnotized back to your sane self. And I just prayed and prayed and thought about other things like what to do today, etc... Just anything to fight off the attack.
It's amazing how the darkness will try to steal away the joy in your heart. It tried to trick me again but the Holy Spirit came forward to remind me to guard my heart.
WHAT AN EXPERIENCE! And after some time, I felt joyful again. Ha-ha! My God beat you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment